I’ve visited Bali a couple months ago and I have to say that it the most surprising place I have ever visited. It was a beautiful trip but not the way I imagined it to be. Many things came as a surprise from taxi apps to swings. Therefore, I hope these tips will help you to have a smoother trip.
- You can install Grab which is a taxi app and get much lower prices (around 50-70% ), but you have to order it far from the center and taxi area. Local drivers are really aggressive towards Grab drivers. Therefore, you won’t get a response from a Grab driver if you are in the center. It is especially hard in Ubud, but if you walk from the center, you won’t have problems.
- It is the cheapest to get yourself a private driver. Make sure to pay him by hours and not to allow him to make you pay more for the number of stops that you want. A 10-hour tour should be 500 rupiahs, not more!
- You have to beagle. The first price is going to be much higher than the last one. The normal price is usually 30% of the first price. Don’t give up and it will be as you say. Don’t worry they won’t sell you if they don’t have profit.
- Swings at Tegallang rice terraces (150 IDR) are six times cheaper than the usual Bali swing (660 IDR) and just as beautiful.
- Make sure to follow the crowd and go on the upper rice terrace in Tegallang if you don’t wont to get lost.
- Be careful in Monkey Forest in Ubud since those are not friendly animals. They can be quite aggressive so don’t bring any plastic bags because they will jump at you and try to take it from you. Don’t look at the cubs as well since the mother will attack you.
- Be very careful when changing money!!! (more about scams will be up soon)
- Gates of heaven are on the begging of Pura Lempuyang temple which is five minute of walking. There is a man that takes a picture with a mirror making it look like a lake. That cost 50 000 IDR for as many shots as you won’t and more than one person. In my opinion, he those an amazing job.
- When you are going to Tirta Gangga make sure to buy fish food on the left side when you enter the complex. The food is three times more expensive at the entrance.
I hope this tips will be helpful to you and that you’ll have the best time in Bali 🙂